Our beauty bags tend to overflow with products, leaving us rummaging for go-tos and distracted by mystery finds. While it's fun to switch up your look, it can also turn into a time suck. Here's a summer staple that can be done in only minutes, but looks like you spent more.
It took me just 10 minutes to create this look on beauty executive Vanessa Lennon. Here's how I did it.
What you'll need:
- Matte bronzer. Try: MAC Mineralize Skinfinsh Naturals in Medium Deep.
- Champagne cream eyeshadow. Try: Nars Soft Touch Shadow Pencil in Hollywoodland.
- Colored eyeliner in a shade of your choice. Try: Clinique Quickliner for Eyes Intense in Intense Ivy.
Start by prepping skin
- Mascara in jet black or dark chocolate. Try: Lorac Visual Effects Mascara.
- Apply BB cream with a buffing brush or fingers. This product serves as a primer, moisturizer, and foundation in one—hydrating the skin, evening out skin tone, and warming the face.
- With a large brush and light hand, dust bronzer over the enter face. Then with an angled brush, apply a second layer at the temples, right under the cheekbone, and around the jawline to contour and sculpt the face.
- Apply champagne eyeshadow to the bridge of the nose, cheekbones, cupid’s bow, and center of the forehead. Blend it by hand. (Highlighter will also work.)
Add small pops of color
- Apply colored eyeliner to the upper lash line, from inner to outer corners. Using a finger, smudge the liner upward toward the crease to create the effect of smoked eyeshadow. Next, apply another layer of eyeliner running it tightly along the lash line.
- Apply cream eyeshadow below the brow bone and to the inner corners of the eye to create dimension.
- Generously apply two coats of mascara, focusing on the outer lashes.
- Dot cream blush on the apples of the cheek and blend up toward the temple. Next, add the shade to the lips for a soft stain.
What's your summer makeup go-to look? Share a pic below!