When it comes to your wedding day, there is no such thing as
“too perfect.” Every single detail should align with your fairytale wedding
vision, and that includes your makeup.
As a bride, not only do you want your face to be radiant and flawless (and
waterproof, as you will probably shed some tears), but you also want it to look
like you. We hear you loud and clear,
and we want to help. We enlisted the help of makeup pro Elyse Reneau to help us create a perfect wedding
look that will transform you into a glowing
1. To give your face a natural, dewy look from the get-go,
prime it with a light-infusing primer. Then, use an eye shadow primer on your
2. Using a flat brush, apply a light, shimmery natural shadow
from the lash line to the crease. Reneau used Urban Decay Sin from the Naked Palette. Blend
it along the crease line with a fluffy brush.
3. Brush a warm, matte brown, like Urban Decay Buck from the Naked Palette, into
4. Grab a dark brown eyeliner
pencil and dot it along the upper lash line and halfway across the lower line.
Smudge the liner.
5. Lightly pencil in your eyebrows to make them more
full and natural, and then set them in place with clear brow gel.
6. Apply lash glue to individual fake lashes
and allow them to become tacky for about 15-30 seconds before placing them carefully
along your lash line. Hold them in place briefly so they stay put.
7. Using a damp beauty blender sponge, apply an illuminating
foundation. Reneau opted for Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation. Use
concealer under the eyes and blend into the skin.
8. Blend a peachy gel-based blush like Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Candy Coral
on the apples of your cheeks, using your ring finger.
9. Use a subtle highlight powder (Reneau recommends Kevyn
Aucoin The Celestial Powder in Candlelight) just above the apples of your
cheeks, along the orbital bone.
10. Finish off the look by lining the lips with a warm
pink-colored liner. Swipe on a matching lipstick, like L’Oréal Colour Riche Lip Colour in Miss Magenta.
Do any of you brides-to-be want to try this
Let us know in the comments below.
Photos: Joshua M Shelton Photography
Makeup: Elyse Reneau
Model: Lily Berlina