Let’s be honest: airplane travel tends to be a bit more stressful than chic. The most trying part of traveling is not the security line, it’s not the unexpected bout of turbulence, no it’s not even attempting to stuff your “carry-on” into the overhead bins–it’s trying to get your beauty supply to fit into that quart-sized plastic bag. To make your summer jet-setting slightly more glamorous, we’ve concocted the complete guide to airplane friendly beauty.
What do you pack in your quart-sized bag of beauty essentials? Fill us in below.
Photos: Garnier, Kiehl’s, Lancome, LORAC, Yves Saint Laurent, Supergoop!, Flight 001
- Garnier Refreshing Remover Cleansing Towelettes are the convenient choice in inflight cleansing. Get a quick, gentle and thorough clean all without braving the airplane lavatories and those tiny sinks.
- Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Moisturizer SPF 15 is the just the drink of hydration your skin craves when you’re cruising at 30,000 feet above sea level. It absorbs quickly, and it’s a TSA-approved 2.5 ounces. Save space in your carry-on and make this moisturizer work double duty as a nourishing hand cream too.
- Dry airplane air can dehydrate your lips faster than you can say “more peanuts, please!” But Supergoop! SPF 30+ MintFusion Lip Balm will keep your pout silky smooth from takeoff to taxi, and protect your lips from all that vacation sun.
- Airplane primping just got easier thanks to the handy 2-in-1 Lancôme Rénergie Eye Multiple Action. Keep the delicate eye area properly cared for, and conceal any dark circles that cross-country red eye flight may have caused with this compact pot of firming eye cream + brightening concealer.
- If arriving at your destination with anything less than a flawless face is simply not an option, pack your bag with LORAC Touch-Up To Go Concealer/Foundation Pen. With the click of the pen, the versatile formula seamlessly covers imperfections and evens skin tone. That built-in brush makes traveling light all the more attainable.
- There’s no better pick-me-up after a long flight than adding a bright pop of color to your pout. Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pur Couture in Tropical Pink puts us in vacation mode before we even hit baggage claim. A dab of lipstick on the apples of the cheeks is another quick trick to bring life back to your face without whipping out your entire makeup bag.
- Rather than messing around with 3.4 ounces of mouthwash or travel-sized toothbrushes, pop a packet of Supersmile Powdered Mouthrinse in with your travel essentials. The slim, single-dose packages weigh next to nothing and won’t take up valuable space. They’re the easiest assurance of inflight freshness we’ve been able to find.
- The best way to look glam as you descend the jet way is to get your beauty sleep. We never fly without the accessories we need to get some shut-eye. If you’re going to wear a sleep mask, we say might as well make it cheeky, like this Flight 001 Eye Mask.