Tis true: The pictures last forever (we hope!). But that doesn’t mean brides should be bound to a numb palette of pale pinks and ivories. Here are three wedding-day looks, created exclusively for us by celebrity makeup artist Sarah Uslan of the Serge Normant at John Frieda Salon in Los Angeles, which will allow you to celebrate in color. We can’t vouch for the dress, but your makeup will stand the test of time.
#1 Modern Romantic Bride
Pop Color: Plum
Key products: YSL 5 Colour Harmony for Eyes in Indian Pink, black eyeliner, cheek stain (try Stila Pomegranate Crush Lip & Cheek Stain), berry lip gloss.
- Step 1. Using the YSL eyeshadow quad, apply the bottom left violet shade all over lid. Then, with an eyeliner brush, thickly smudge the bottom right plum shade across the upper lash line and into the outer corner of your crease and blend.
- Step 2. Line the upper lashes.
- Step 3. Apply a light amount of cheek stain to apples of cheeks, blending as you go.
- Step 4. Complete the look with berry lip gloss.
#2 Glamorous Bride
Pop Color: Red
Key Products: Dolce & Gabanna The Eyeshadow in Femme Fatale, peach blush, red lipstick.
- Step 1. Taking the shadow palette, apply the heathery grey shade over lids. Next, take the bottom right grey shade and blend from the outside corner in, to create a soft contour. Treat the white shadow as a highlighter, swiping it just under the brow bone.
- Step 2. Press black liner into the upper lash lines.
- Step 3. Dust peach blush on the apples of cheeks and blend out to the temples.
- Step 4. Define lips by applying red lipstick with a lip brush. Then fill in the lines with the lipstick.
#3 Sweet Innocent Bride
Pop Color: Pastel pink and orange
Key Products: Chanel Soft Touch Eyeshadow in Tigerlily, Chanel Soft Touch Eyeshadow in Rose De Mai, baby pink blush, nude lipstick.
- Step 1. Apply a generous amount of Chanel's Tigerlily over your lid. Next, blend the Rose De Mai eyeshadow into the crease and towards the inner corner of your eye.
- Step 2. Curl lashes and swipe on a brown mascara to keep the look soft.
- Step 3. Apply blush on the apples of cheeks and blend toward the edge of your face.
- Step 4. Finish with nude/pink lipstick.
What's your favorite bridal look?