When Fashcin blogger, Cindy Alda, spied a gradient polka-dot manicure on Instagram, she decided she was up for the challenge of making it her own. Here's how she interpreted the look.
What you need:
- Base coat. Try: L'Oréal Paris Colour Riche Nail in One Stop Base.
- White nail polish. Try: Essie Nail Polish in Blanc.
- Top coat. Try: Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat.
- Pinkish-coral nail polish. Try: Essie Nail Color in Carousel Coral.
- Fuchsia nail polish. Try: Essie Nail Color in Fiesta.
- Burgundy nail polish. Try: Essie Nail Polish in Fishnet Stockings.
- Aluminum foil.
- Three different sized nail art dotting tools. Try: Pro Nail Art Nail Art Dotting Tool Set of 5.
How to get it:
Step 1: Apply the base coat and follow that with two coats of the white nail polish.
Step 2: Apply a layer of the top coat and wait 10 minutes.
Step 3: Drip a generous amount of each colored polish onto a piece of aluminum foil.
Step 4: Using the smallest dotting tool, pick up the pinkish-coral polish and create three rows of dots starting at the base of each nail. The dots closest to your cuticle should be the smallest. Tip: "Alternating the size of the dots helps you achieve more of a gradient effect," Alda says.
Step 5: Using the medium-sized dotting tool, apply two rows of fuchsia polish.
Step 6: Complete the ombré effect by using your largest dotting tool to create two rows of burgundy dots.
Step 7: Let the dots dry for about 10 minutes before applying your top coat.
Will you try this polka-dot manicure?
Photo: Courtesy of Cindy Alda