It must be all those gorgeous summer sunsets that are inspiring beauties like Taylor Swift and Scarlett Johansson to reach for orange and red eyeshadow. The result? A blazing hot eye that simmers with sex appeal.
"Brightly colored shadow paired with black liner and lush lashes is a modern summer version of a traditional fall classic," says San Francisco makeup pro Hillary Clark, whose innovative makeup looks have graced the runways of Betsey Johnson. To get the sultry, sophisticated look, follow these easy steps.
- Step 1: Start with a neutral eyeshadow base, applying from lash line to brow bone.
- Step 2: Select a red-orange eyeshadow with a slight sheen like Maybelline EyeStudio Color Tattoo 24 HR Cream Gel Shadow in Fierce and Tangy or MAC Cosmetics Eye Shadow in Neon Orange. Apply across the eyelid and above the crease with a slight upward wing at the outer corners. Next, diffuse the shadow under the lash line and into the inner corner.
- Step 3: Line the inner membrane of upper and lower lash lines with a black eyeliner.
- Step 4: With a narrow angled brush, line upper lash line and extend the wing at the outer corners.
- Step 5: Curl eyelashes and apply 2-3 coats of mascara to top and bottom lashes.
Have you tried this look? Share a pic in the comments below!
Photo Credit: Gregg DeGuire/Contributor | Getty Images