The beauty icon: Katie Holmes
Her signature look: Girl next door. With the debut of Dawson’s Creek in 1998, young Katie Holmes became television’s sweetheart nearly overnight. Even after film success, a marriage to Tom Cruise and motherhood, she maintains her fresh-faced charm.
Her style legacy: Less is more. Holmes seeks out clothes by designers including Calvin Klein, Jil Sander and Giorgio Armani that are both feminine and minimal.
Her "it" moment: Season 1, Episode 11 of Dawson’s Creek. Holmes’s character, Joey Potter, transforms from a tomboy to a pageant contestant and is seen for the first time as a beauty by her on-camera love interest.
Her now moment: Newly single in the city. After returning to New York after her divorce from Cruise, Holmes is looking better than ever and is more busy than ever. Last week she and her longtime stylist Jeanne Yang unveiled a new fashion label, Holmes & Yang.
Her beauty booty:
- Holmes's natural beauty look starts with flawless skin. To improve skin before applying a stitch of makeup, use the Clarisonic PLUS Sonic Skin Cleansing System twice daily.
- Holmes's base is always radiant and youthful, like a second skin. To create this effect, try YSL Le Teint Touche Éclat.
- The actress's enviably full cheeks are often a flushed rose or enhanced by a soft taupe contour. For a light wash of color centered on the apples of cheeks, apply Giorgio Armani Sheer Blush in Light Rose.
- Holmes often applies a neutral wash of color on her lids, a bright shimmer to open up the inner corners, dark liner and mascara. To brighten eyes, pop MAC Pigment in Vanilla in the inner corners.
- To get her glossy pout, glide on Maybelline Color Sensational Lipgloss in Raspberry Sorbet or Plum-Tastic.
- While married to Cruise and under the style influence of close friend Victoria Beckham, Holmes traded in her carefree long locks for her infamous angular bob and later a bold pixie cut. She recently returned to long hair and soft, sweet waves. To enhance natural hair texture and amp up waves, work with Garnier Fructis Style Curl Shaping Spray Gel.
Straight from her lips: “It's kind of fun being the cute, little one. In fact, I'm finding it hard to grow out of that.”
What is your most memorable Katie Holmes's look?
Photo: Getty Images