"This is exactly how you want to look: pretty and not overdone," says celebrity hairstylist Ted Gibson. The look he is referring to, of course, is the one worn by Kirsten Dunst at the 65th annual Cannes film festival. The actress showed up to support her new film, On the Road, appearing more romantic than ever in a wispy updo accented with the most angelic floral Dolce & Gabbana headband. Here are some quick and easy tips on creating the hairstyle on your own.
- Step 1: Prep wet hair with a volumizing spray, such as KMS California Add Volume Volumizing Spray. Then blow-dry it with a round brush for extra body.
- Step 2: Starting from the front, section hair horizontally from the sides. Then add a middle part down the back.
- Step 3: Put on the headband, sliding it back from the hairline. If you have bangs, let them hang down loosely.
- Step 4: Take three sections of hair from each side, and twist them up haphazardly toward the crown of your head. Secure the hair with bobby pins close to the headband.
- Step 5: Finish with a few spritzes of hairspray to hold the look. Try L'Oréal Elnett Satin Hairspray Extra Strong Hold. Don't smooth down any flyaways, since you want the style to look soft and effortless.
Would you try out Kirsten Dunst's pretty hairstyle?
Photo: Mike Marsland/WireImage