Now that the excitement surrounding the 70th Golden Globe Awards has subsided, the L'Oréal Paris beauty experts who took us behind the scenes at the event have had a moment to reflect on all the highlights. From their picks for the best looks of the night to their fond memories of hobnobbing with gorgeous A-listers, here are the favorite moments from Billy B., Johnny Lavoy and Tom Bachik.
Billy B.'s Favorites
- Kate Hudson's cool Alexander McQueen gown.
- The makeup look I created on Barbara Palvin—she is such a stunning beauty.
- The personalities of the hosts, Tina Fey and Amy Poehler—the Globes have never been so fun!
- Interviewing Selena Gomez. I had a chance to talk with her on the red carpet at the InStyle and Warner Bros. after-party. She was so friendly and enthusiastic. It was a pleasure to chat with her!
Johnny Lavoy's Favorites
- I love that old-Hollywood glamour ruled the evening. It's my favorite look and style.
- I loved that Francesca Eastwood, Miss Golden Globes 2013, gave me full creative control with her hairstyle, which just so happened to result in noteworthy attention from the press (that's her above!).
- It was great getting to see one of my favorite people, L'Oréal Paris spokesperson and leading actress Freida Pinto, and having the last-minute opportunity to rescue her from a hair emergency for the InStyle and Warner Bros. after-party.
Tom Bachik’s Favorites
- The nonstop craziness of it all! We started with filming videos and TV segments on Friday morning and then moved straight to the L’Oréal Paris beauty suite. The suite was great because I got to see all of my L’Oréal Paris USA friends and talk to the beauty press.
- It was also really fun to bring my oldest son to the 21st birthday party of L'Oréal Paris Colour Riche onFriday night, which honored Mr. Billy B. (congrats, Billy!). It was such an amazing time.
- I obviously loved working out nail styles with my clients, like Jennifer Lopez and Zooey Deschanel, to help create their perfect look for the red carpet
- Finally, it was exciting to watch the red carpet and see the all the magic come together. Being a part of that experience was unforgettable.
L’Oréal Paris is the broadcast sponsor for the Golden Globes.
Photo: Courtesy of L'Oréal Paris