We love this chevron nail look created by manicurist and Hey, Nice Nails! blogger Donne Geer.
You too can create it in just 30 minutes by following these simple steps.
- Step 1: Apply a base coat. Try: Orly Bonder Rubberized Polish Gripping Basecoat.
- Step 2: Paint your pinky, middle and thumb nail on your left hand with a gunmetal polish. Then paint your index and ring finger nail on the opposite hand with the same shade. Try: Orly Nail Lacquer in Steel Your Heart.
- Step 3: Paint all your remaining nails with a bright fuchsia shade. Try: Orly Nail Lacquer in Fancy Fuchsia.
- Step 4: Let the base colors dry almost completely.
- Step 5: Using a navy nail art striping polish, create the vertical chevron patterns. Paint connected V shapes from the cuticle to the top of the nail on your index finger on your left hand. Then repeat the process on the pinky and thumb nail on your right hand. Try: CM Nail Art in Navy Blue. Tip: "The CM Nail Art brushes make it easy to create straight lines, but having steady hands is really important. I like to eat some food right before I paint, and I also avoid caffeine," says Geer.
- Step 6: Now paint the horizontal chevron pattern. Use the same technique, but paint the Vs from one side of the nail to the other on the ring finger on your left hand.
- Step 7: Round out the look by creating a cross design on your middle nail on your right hand. Using the same navy striping polish, paint one vertical and one horizontal stripe down the middle of your nail. Then fill in each quadrant with either vertical or horizontal stripes.
- Step 8: Secure black square rhinestones to your gunmetal polished nails by dabbing a bit of clear top coat at the base of your nail and sticking the stone over it. Try: Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat. Tip: Pick up square rhinestones at your local craft store.
- Step 9: Apply a generous amount of the same clear top coat to your nails to finish.
Have you tried chevron nail before? Share tips and tricks below.