The beauty icon: Stevie Nicks
Her signature look: Gypsy glam. Nicks may have single-handedly placed hair adornments on the style map. Hats, feathers, veils and scarves all topped her shaggy mane. Her makeup, meanwhile, married porcelain skin and a focus on the eye. To open up, brighten and define her eyes, she rimmed the inner waterline with white or nude eyeliner and then applied dark smoky shadows to the outer corners.
Her style legacy: Nicks's carefree spirit inspired an untamed beauty look: wild, choppy locks and doll-like makeup. It was the perfect and unexpected fusion of flower child meets glam rocker.
Her "it" moment: With Fleetwood Mac, the singer's 1978 Album of the Year Grammy win for Rumours. Nicks was cut short during her acceptance speech and was able to only utter, “Warner Brothers, thank you!” Her bewitching style still captivated the world and later became iconic of the era.
Her now moment: To the delight of old and new fans alike, Fleetwood Mac will reunite for a 2013 tour and the band's classic songs will be covered by new music darlings like Best Coast, Karen Elson, MGMT and Lykke Li on an album titled Just Tell Me That You Want Me.
Her beauty booty:
- To get Nicks's signature textured waves, use Redken Quick Tease 15 hairspray.
- To create the color of her signature strands, women with dark hair should pick Redken Chromatics 7Ago and women with light hair can try Redken Chromatics 7Gi. Highlights and a glaze will complete the look.
- To make eyes appear big and bright, like Nicks, try MAC Chromagraphic Pencil in NC15/NW20 in the waterline.
- Get her smoky eye with Burberry Sheer Eye Shadow in Chestnut No.05.
- Apply Chanel Mat Lumière for the musician's matte and flawless complexion.
- Finish the look with a neutral pink-brown lip. Try: Lancôme Rouge in Love in Rouge Rendez-Vous.
Straight from her lips: “By the time I was five, I was a little diva.”
What is your favorite Stevie Nicks look?
Photo: Getty Images