If you're ready to take a break from dark polishes and edgier nail art, this girly-girl design combining pale gray, pink, stripes and a heart is just what the manicurist ordered. Katrina Xiong of Katrina's Nail Blog, who created the look, tells us how to get it.
What you need:
- Base coat. Try: Essie Grow Stronger Fortifying Treatment Base Coat.
- Gray nail polish. Try: China Glaze Nail Lacquer in Recycle.
- Baby pink nail polish. Try: China Glaze Nail Lacquer in Go-Go Pink. (Note: Xiong used Essie Nail Polish in Beach Party, which was a seasonal nail color that’s no longer available.)
- White nail polish. Try: L'Oréal Paris Colour Riche Nail in I Will!.
- Small, thin nail art brush. Try: Sephora Collection Nail Art Set.
- Top coat. Try: Poshe Super-Fast Drying Top Coat.
How to do it:
Step 1: Apply the base coat and two coats of gray polish on every nail except for your index finger.
Step 2: Apply two coats of pink polish to your index fingernails. Let your nails dry for a few minutes.
Step 3: Using the white nail polish, paint two thick stripes across your middle fingernails. Let the stripes dry.
Step 4: Using your paintbrush, place two dots of pink side by side in the center of your striped nails. Create the heart shape by connecting those two dots and extending the pink polish down into a point.
Step 5: Let the design dry for a few minutes. Then finish the look by applying the top coat.
Will you try this sweetheart manicure or would you rather stick to edgier looks?
Photo: Courtesy of Katrina Xiong