Is it just me, or is everyone getting married? My cousin, my best friend's mom, a college roommate, and an old colleague are all getting hitched—in the same month! Needless to say, I've been hitting the engagement party circuit like it's a hobby.
Actress Katrina Bowden (of 30 Rock and New Girl) is also prepping for her nuptials. I got a sneak peek at her engagement party 'do (courtesy of Matrix Artistic Directors Ammon Carver and Nick Stenson), and had to learn how to copy it. Here are the step-by-step instructions to scoring the sexiest, simplest engagement party hairdo.
- Step 1: Distribute mousse evenly throughout damp hair and blow dry smooth. We like Matrix Design Pulse Go Big Mousse.
- Step 2: Apply a heat protecting oil, like Matrix Total Results Sleek Silk Wonder Smoothing Oil, throughout hair. Wrap sections around a medium-sized curling iron, alternating the direction of the curl and keeping the ends straight. Gently open up the curls with your hands and finish the look with a spritz of light-hold hairspray.
- Step 3: Back brush a few sections at the front top hairline.
- Step 4: Gently sweep all hair back into a mid-height ponytail, keeping the top soft and voluminous.
- Step 5: Take a small piece of hair and wrap around the rubber band for a perfectly polished pony.
How did you wear your hair for your engagement party? Share your pictures below!