The Quick Party Look Spotted at Fashion Week (and How to Do It At Home)
What’s way better than partying like a rock star? Looking like one! And New York Fashion Week has no shortage of fashionistas who always rise to the occasion. We spotted Christine Tsang from tineey.com at a Rock & Republic event showing some fierce face. Here’s how to steal her look in five minutes flat.
- Prep Skin with a hydrating primer like Murad Skin Perfecting Dewy Finish Primer for a fresh glow.
- Using clean hands, emulsify a tinted lotion like Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 or a sheer foundation like MAC Face and Body between palms and press into skin.
- Lightly swirl on a hot pink (or even red!) powder blush. Start at the apples (but not too high) and dust up and out towards the temples. Blend blend blend! For the daring, check out MAC Frankly Scarlet.
- With a finger, pat on a luminous sheer cream eyeshadow or eye gloss over the full lid. Try a sheer metallic—just a touch will do.
- Apply matte black powder or cream eyeshadow from the lashline to the crease, blended out for a cat-eye effect. For powder, try Lancome Color Design Eye Shadow in It List. For cream, go with NARS Zardoz.
- Starting at the center of the eye run black eyeliner toward the outer corner and extend the line out and up for a winged look (TIP: the best angle is usually the one that would eventually meet the tail of the brow). Run the liner along the full lower lashline to pop the eye. We suggest L’Oreal Paris Extra-Intense Black Liquid Pencil Eyeliner.
- Coat on several layers of mascara on top lashes.
- Prep lips with a scrub and balm duo like Victoria’s Secret PRO Smooth FX Lip Scrub and Balm. (Chapped, dry lips are NEVER in style!)
- Using a lip brush for precision, paint on matte fuchsia red or hot pink lips. We’re loving NYX Matte Lipstick in Pure Red and Nars Pure Matte Lipstick in Carthage.
Final step: Add some attitude. No fashion week look is complete without it.
To see how the makeup, hair and clothes all work together check out Maybelline’s Live From the Runway YouTube Channel.