Get the Look: Bargain Beauty
Keeping up with the latest products and beauty trends can sometimes seem challenging when you’re on a budget. To prove that looking gorgeous doesn’t require major money, I put together a clean, everyday beauty look using the ten products featured in our article “Bargain Beauty: 10 New Products Under $10.” Here’s how to use these fabulous products at home to recreate the look showcased on my gorgeous friend, Arielle of Be Well With Arielle.
1. Apply BB cream all over the face with your fingers or a beauty blender sponge. BB cream smooths imperfections, hydrates, and provides SPF protection. I really liked the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB we used, as the texture isn’t heavy and it covers well.
Pictured: Maybelline Dream Fresh BB in Light/Medium
2. Apply concealer under the eyes and anywhere else on the face you might need it. Blending concealer after foundation is key to having it last all day.
Pictured: L’Orèal True Match Concealer in Fair
3. Apply a sheer bronzer with a brush, along the forehead, cheek, and jawline. This will add a soft glow to the skin and enhance natural cheekbones. The Rimmel bronzer we used is fantastic because it gave a natural, golden glow without turning the skin orange. I also love the size, much larger than most luxury brand bronzers and less than half the price!
Pictured: Rimmel Natural Bronzer in Sun Dance
4. For a soft touch of shimmer, apply a cream highlighting blush on the apples of the cheeks.
Pictured: Elf All Over Color Stick in Persimmon
5. Fill in brows naturally with a pencil, adding shape and definition (for some extra guidance, check out our guide to natural-looking brows).
Pictured: Boots 7 Beautiful Eyebrow Pencil
6. Apply the same concealer to the eyelid for a shadow base, and follow up with a shadow color that will make your eyes pop. Blend with a shadow brush until you get the desired pigment you want.
Pictured: The Body Shop Color Crush Eye Shadow in Mon Cherry
7. Finish your eyes with eyeliner and two coats of mascara. The L’Orèal mascara we used added so much extra volume that I didn’t even have to curl the models lashes—proof that this is a fabulous bargain beauty buy!
Pictured: Botanics Pencil Eyeliner in Black; L’Orèal Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara in Black
8. Wearing a lip color that is natural yet long-lasting is key. A lip stain will give you great color and take you through the day with minimal touch up.
Pictured: NYC Smooch Proof 16Hr Lip Stain
What are some of your favorite bargain beauty buys? Let me know below in the comments!
Photos: Rebecca Dale for Makeup.com