Oil pulling as the world’s best cure-all? Color us skeptical. But lately, oil has been dominating the beauty world like white on rice. We’ve never been ones to shy away from a new beauty trend (hair chalk, anyone?), so naturally we’ve attempted our share of oil skincare regimens and home remedies (we admit: oil-pulling included). Because whether you whip up an oil-rich facial cleanser or leave it to the pros to create the perfect beauty product for your skin type, it’s always good to do your homework.
It’s quite the task to distinguish all said ingredients, especially when each has its own beauty benefit. How to know if you’ve got your beauty oils down to a science? Enter: a pop quiz. C’mon, it’ll be fun: Here’s how to test your beauty oil IQ:
1. Which oil is most commonly used to treat acne?
C.) Tea Tree
2. Which of these is can be used as a carrier oil?
B.) Grape seed
3. Which oil is known as the “miracle” oil for its anti-aging properties?
C.) Grape seed
4. Which oil most resembles sebum, the oily substance we naturally produce to hydrate hair and skin?
C.) Pomegranate seed
5. Which of these has many common hair and beauty uses for everything from soft, frizz-free hair to makeup remover and more?
A.) Grape seed
6. Which of these oils is actually toxic if ingested?
A.) Tea tree
Answers: 1. C, 2. ALL, 3. B, 4. A, 5. C, 6. A.
If you got a perfect score … Congrats! You’re a beauty oil know-it-all (and probably a beauty addict, too). You love experimenting with natural oils just as much as you love searching the shelves for the best beauty buys out there.
If you answered mostly correctly … You’ve got a few go-to beauty ingredients that always do the trick, whether they fight acne or soften your hair. We totally get it, but don’t be afraid to add a new product to your arsenal every now and then!
If you answered mostly incorrectly … No worries, this won’t go on your report card. Get excited because we’ve just opened your eyes to an all-new world of skin care — you’re welcome.
So what’s your beauty oil IQ? Let us know how you fared in the comments below.