5 Makeup Brushes You Didn’t Know You Needed
One of the most important things to remember about makeup is to blend, blend, blend, and when in doubt, blend some more! The tools that make this easy and fun are makeup brushes, but knowing which ones to use are key. Here are my top picks for 5 makeup brushes you may not know you need (but you do, trust me).
1. The Contour Brush: there are a lot of tutorials and tips on how to contour, but sometimes when facing it yourself it can be intimidating. My recommendation? Use a contour brush—it makes the process easy and fun.
2. The Mini Eye Shader Brush: This is the perfect tool to apply highlighting shadow on the lid without ruining a smoky eye. The small size allows you to place shadow in all the right places without mess.
3. The Cream Blush Brush: What most people don’t know is that cream and liquid blush can be applied with a brush instead of fingers. This enables you to blend and build pigment at the same time without making a mess. Apply and blend in circular strokes until you get the desired pigment. As a bonus, you can also use this brush to apply foundation!
4. The Small Round Eye Contour Brush: This is the perfect sized brush to apply and blend dark eyeshadow when creating a smoky eye. By placing the shadow in the crease with a small brush, blending is easier and less messy.
5. The Angled Liner Brush: Ever wonder how makeup artists get that perfectly shaped wing tip liner? It’s all in the angled brush. This tool is perfect for applying and blending eyeliner and it can help you shape the sometimes hard-to-master cat eye.
Do you have any makeup questions you’d like answered by the pros? Leave ‘em below!