Beauty Buzz: Breakthroughs in Hair Color and Scented Nail Polish
The best thing about beauty blogging? There’s always something new for us to write about. (Would it be the same if our beat was tractors…or fire safety…or school supplies? PROBABLY NOT). From Peeps-inspired eyeshadow shades to crazy-cool U.K. nail art, here are the beauty stories that we wrote (and couldn’t shut up about!) this week.
- Guess what? You don’t have to be bare-faced in the boardroom. One writer finds the 9-5 loophole for wearing pretty-and-professional makeup.
- Cutting-edge hair dye that leaves your strands twice as strong? Salon blended shades in a box? Sign us up. Twice.
- It’s beginning to feel a lot like springtime. And you know what that means: let the deodorant testing commence! One blogger gives an all-natural variety a try.
- When it comes to hot nails, the U.K. is on point (Wah Nails, anyone?). Luckily, they don’t mind sharing. Enter Ciate Caviar Manicure kit, launching stateside next month.
- From caviar inspired polish to scented polish…
- Fashion Week may be a distant memory, but we’ll keep these runway beauty tips with us FOREVER.
- One blogger tests a new fancy-pants spa facial that uses plant-based cells to reverse the signs of aging. We failed science class, but we know smooth skin when we see it.
- Inspired by Peeps and robin eggs? It IS officially spring, after all. One blogger divulges on wearing yellow and baby blue eyeshadow.
- From Katniss to Jennifer Lawrence, the Hunger Games beauty’s makeup artist dishes on how she transformed the “girl in the woods” to a red carpet stunner.