Beach-loving, carefree and sun-kissed: Sounds like the girl we all want to be, right? You don’t need to be a born-and-bred Cali girl to pull this look off though! Emulating the fresh-faced, waves-flowing-in-the-breeze vibe has never been easier, thanks to this trend brought to you by our friends at Beautystreams. We just can’t get enough of it right now, so we’ve tapped makeup artist Emma Willis for Contour Fossa to bring this effortless, sun-loving look to life.
Get the Look: SoCal Spirit Makeup
- Apply a dime-sized amount of primer to prep your skin before applying foundation to cover up any redness or imperfections. Brush your brows upward and lightly shade in.
- Use the “figure 3” technique to apply an illuminating bronzer like Urban Decay Baked Bronzer in Gilded along your forehead and hairline, in the hollow beneath your cheekbones and across your jawline and neck. Brighten up your complexion by applying Lancôme Blush Subtil Palette in Péche Savvy to the apples of your cheeks, blending up towards your temples for a natural finish. Dust also down the bridge of your nose.
- Apply the light brown eye shadow from The Body Shop Smoky Brown Palette over your entire eyelid, up to the crease line, with a small shadow brush. Using the bronze shadow, shade along the crease and out toward the corner of your brows.
- Use an angled liner brush to apply the dark brown shade as eyeliner, and extend outward slightly for a subtle flick. Apply lengthening mascara for a natural finish.
- Line your lips with Urban Decay Glide-On 24/7 Lip Pencil in Streak before filling in with Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Streak. Finally, layer Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids in Electric Orange over for a high-shine, glossy finish.
Get the Look: SoCal Spirit Hair
- Start by brushing hair to remove any tangles and smooth out for curling.
- Create loose curls with 1-inch curling iron, wrapping each section of hair away from the face.
- Once the curls are completely cool, spritz L’Oréal EverStyle Texture Series Beach Spray onto roots and use your fingers to loosely break up the waves from roots to ends for a natural look.
- Finish by lightly misting L’Oréal Sleek It Strand-Smoother Serum Spray over your lengths for a lasting hold and smooth sheen, brushing the curls out at the ends again for an even looser finish.
Would you wear this look? Tell us in the comments below!
Photos: Joshua Shelton
Makeup Artist: Emma Willis
Model: Carrlyn Bathe