Color Coding: The Best Makeup for Your Eye Color
Finding the perfect hue to enhance your eyes is not easy, which is why we put together this go-to guide to help you pair the right makeup with your eye color.
But first, know this: To accentuate those pretty peepers, pick a palette that is either monochromatic (different shades of the same or similar colors) or complementary (opposite colors on the color wheel).
If you have blue eyes…
- Monochromatic: navy, grey, silver
- Complementary: brown, peach, copper
- Bold: jet black, chocolate brown
- Soft: navy, gray
- Lancôme Color Design Sensational Effect Eye Shadow in Minidress
- Giorgio Armani Smooth Silk Eye Pencil in Gray
If you have green eyes…
- Monochromatic: forest green, gold
- Complementary: pink, purple, rose, mauve
- Bold: jet black
- Soft: brown, bronze
- Yves Saint Laurent Ombres 5 Lumieres in Lilac Sky
- Lancôme Artliner Precision Point Eyeliner in Golds
If you have brown eyes…
- Shadow Shades
- Monochromatic: black, brown, bronze, taupe
- Complementary: cobalt blue, emerald green, violets and lilacs
- Bold: eggplant, jade
- Soft: bronze, brown
- Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner in Eggplant
- L’Oreal Studio Secrets Professional Eye Shadow Singles in Gilded Bronze
Are you ready to give your eye pairing a try?
Test out your color pairing and let us know how it looks by snapping a photo and posting it to Instagram with the hashtag #MDCbeauty.