As beauty junkies, we’ve developed a variety of interesting skills—some we’re not so proud of (like, uh, painting our nails on the highway… it had to be done)—while others we broadcast proudly. Filed under our list of honorable skills, is our fine-tuned ability to curl our strands with a straightener. Yes, you read that correctly. While it might seem counterintuitive, some of us here at MDC even prefer curling with a straightener to a curling iron. Bold statements, we know. To guide you through the easy-peasy steps, we created the tutorial below, showcased on our very own strands.
How To: Curl Your Hair with a Straightener
1. Start with dry hair that’s either straight or wavy.Take your hot straightener and clamp it down half way down the strand of hair. This is our preferred placement for big loose curls, but if you just want to perk up your ends, start about ¾ of the way down the strand.
2. Next comes the key move. Lift your elbow upwards, while clamping the hair.
3. In an outward motion, twirl your hair around the barrel of the straightener, leaving the ends out for a more relaxed look. For perfectly polished, bouncy curls include the ends.
4. Repeat steps two and three with one-inch sections all the way around your head.
5. Spritz your hair with hairspray, shake out your curls, and feel accomplished.
Do you ever curl with a straightener or are you a more traditional type of gal? Fill us in below!