What’s in Cynthia’s Makeup Bag?
Do you ever wish you could approach a stylish woman on the street and ask what essentials she carries in her makeup bag? Well, we’re checking in for you.
Name: Cynthia Gordy
Location: New York
Where she’s from: Washington, D.C.
Occupation: Communications professional for a civil rights organization.
What she’s reading now: “I just finished Junot Díaz’s book, This Is How You Lose Her, which is a collection of short stories. And I just starting reading White Teeth by Zadie Smith. I’m doing this thing where I alternate between a new book and an old book. That way I can stay current, but catch up on the classics that I missed the first time.”
What music she’s into at the moment: “Again, I’m catching up on old music! So I’m suddenly into Passion Pit and Muse right now. I had a breakup recently so I’ve also been listening to a lot of Robyn because I think she does nothing but breakup songs and they’re so good. They are like breakup songs you want to dance to.”
Who is her beauty icon: “Just recently I’ve been looking at Gwen Stefani a lot. I’m really drawn to her classic red lip. A month ago I decided to try it out for myself.”
What’s in her makeup bag:
- MAC Ruby Woo: “A lot of people say if you’re brown, then you have to wear brownish-red lipsticks or berries. But, no! I can wear whatever I want. I got MAC’s Ruby Woo, which looks great on everybody.”
- MAC Lip Pencil in Brick: “I’m wearing this with my lipstick right now.”
- Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Balm: “This keeps my lips hydrated and allows me to touch up my crazy lip color.”
- CoverGirl Brow & Eye Makers Pencil: “I use this on my brows and then brush them with clear mascara.”
- MAC Eye Pencil: “I’m wearing this pencil eyeliner on my lower lids. I can’t do liquid liner. It never works and I can’t learn it.”
- Maybelline Great Lash Washable Mascara: “This is what I’ve been using since I was 14. I feel like it’s on everyone’s Hall of Fame list.”
- CVS Advanced Healing Fragrance Free Lotion: “It’s cold as hell right now, so I keep my Advanced Healing lotion with me.”
- Dolce & Gabbana Rose the One Eau de Parfum: “I just discovered this. I have a sample of it and love it. I haven’t bought it yet, but I’m going to. It’s so fresh and pretty.”
Thanks, Cynthia. Look out for new makeup bag disclosures every week!
Photos: Ben Pier for Makeup.com