Even the oiliest of the oily skin bunch have to be feeling a little bit dry right about now. We’re certainly experiencing an array of dermalogical un-pleasantries brought on by the season. If you’re living in the same wonderful world we are, you can probably relate. The second you step out of the shower you start to feel it–the tightness, the tingling and the sense that that oh-so lovely flakiness can’t be far behind. Well, lucky for you, we’ve searched far and wide to find the dry skin soothers we’ve all been thirsting for.
1. Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Moisturizer: This is one product that dryness sufferers come back to again and again. It’s gentle on sensitive, irritated skin and provides the hydration it promises all day. Plus, the active ingredients work beneath the surface to restore skin’s natural moisture balance.
2. The Body Shop Vitamin E Nourishing Night Cream: Skin does most of its healing overnight, so reap the benefits of a night cream packed with vitamins and antioxidants while you sleep. Choose a cream with rich ingredients to replenish moisture levels. Vitamin E, found in this skin saver, is a proven dryness fighter.
3. L’Oréal Age Perfect Glow Renewal Facial Oil: Beauty oils generated a lot buzz in 2013. If you shied away from trying the product this summer, now is the time to jump on the beauty oil bandwagon. Facial oils, like our pick, are nourishing and calming to the skin. They also penetrate deeper layers of the skin delivering better product absorption. For a rehydration supercharge, layer facial oil under your night cream.
4. GlamGlow ThirstyMud Hydrating Treatment: When your skin is seriously out of whack (a.k.a. now), treat it to a biweekly mask specifically designed to lock in moisture. Allow the skin to drink up the complexion-restoring ingredients and rinse away the rest. Or skip the rinse and simply dab off the excess with a tissue to keep hydration happening for hours.
5. Korres Greek Yoghurt Advanced Nourishing Sleeping Facial: You eat Greek yogurt because the protein in it provides your body with nourishment, so why not nourish your skin with it too? It happens to be ultra hydrating, especially when used as a form of overnight treatment while you sleep. Just give your face a dose of intense moisture one night a week and you’ll wake up to the feeling of soft, supple skin.
6. La Roche-Posay Nutritic Lips: The lips sometimes experience the wrath of winter worst of all. But this little guy is one skin-saving superstar. It tackles the four signs of dry lips: sensitivity, tingling, thinness and chapping; and it’s never greasy.
7. Lancôme Bienfait Multi-Vital Eye SPF 28: Let’s not forget about the eyes! Fine lines are amplified when skin is dehydrated; so keeping the delicate eye area moisturized day and night is extremely important during harsh winters. This 24-hour moisturizing cream will also help prevent the sun from doing any more damage thanks to its built-in broad spectrum SPF. Smooth any extra product over your brows to prevent flakes in this often-forgotten spot.
Have you tried any of these dry skin soothers? Let us what you’re using to combat winter dryness in the comments!
Photos: Kiehl’s, Lancome, The Body Shop, La Roche-Posay, L’Oréal, Glam Glow, Korres