Get the Look: Elizabeth Banks’ Luminous Summer Makeup
We adore her all dolled up in futuristic hair and makeup as Effie Trinket in The Hunger Games, but Elizabeth Banks really turns heads when she steps out sans sky-high wigs and rainbow eye shadow. At a recent event, the actress showed up with glowing skin and sparkling eyes to match the shiny new CinemaCon Award for Excellence in Acting she picked up that night. We couldn’t help but admire how gorgeous she looked, so we had to ask mark. celebrity makeup artist Fiona Stiles, who created this look, for tips on how to recreate it for ourselves. Here are her tips on how to achieve this fun, fresh feel, that’s all about the pop of color on the eyes.
- When using color on the eyes, Stiles likes to “sweep a neutral color over the whole lid first and add a little taupe into the socket for depth and definition.” Before adding color, create a base on the eyelid with a pale shadow like Chanel Ombre Essentielle in Slate.
- For soft, entrancing eyes, Stiles suggests mixing metallic versions of lavender and blue. On Banks, she used mark. On the Dot Bold Eye Color Compact. “A touch of the lilac color on the lid next to the lashes catches the light nicely, making the eyes look extra sparkly,” she told us.
- To give the eyes more definition, smudge a deep navy liner, like Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Sapphire or Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Sabbath along the outer corner of the bottom lash line. Then line the top lash line with black eyeliner.
- For a serious set of lashes, Stiles recommends layering three coats of volumizing mascara (mark. Lash All You Want High Volume Mascara is one of her favorites) up top, and a single coat to the bottom lashes, focusing on the outer corners.
- Add a little glow to the cheeks by layering a touch of bronzer, like Yves Saint Laurent Terre Saharienne Collector Bronzing Powder in Harmonie Tanned, underneath a dusting of fresh pink blush (we love The Body Shop All-in-One Blusher in Marshmallow).
- To finish off the look, follow Stiles’ lead and choose a soft pink color with a satin finish for the lips. We’re big fans of the velvety smooth L’Oréal Infallible Le Rouge in Summer Rose.
What do you think of Elizabeth Banks’ luminous summer look? Let us know below!