Here at MDC headquarters, we’re in full-on holiday mode – we’re talking glitter liner, frosty manis, shiny lips…if it twinkles in the slightest, you’ll find us sporting it on our eyes, lips and nails in some way or other. For the next few weeks, we’re taking a break from matte and indulging our wildest wishes for all things sparkly and bright (bonus points for chunky glitter).
Today, MDC’s resident makeup guru Ashley Rebecca is here to show us how to create a fresh holiday look on blogger Clare of Clarabelle using items from The Body Shop Holiday 2013 Collection. “It's fun, it's shimmery and it's festive! It’s a good look for daytime wear but gives you a bit of glow. It's very girly,” says Ashley. “Your skin can look lackluster during the holiday season; this look amps up the highlights so you look hydrated, soft and feminine.” We’re grabbing our favorite shimmery shadows as we type…
1. Prime your eyelid with an eyeshadow primer to keep your shadow in place.
2. Mix a shimmery bronze and light-gold brown eyeshadow together and sweep over your entire lid. Ashley used two shades from The Body Shop 4 Color Eye Palette in Smoky Brown.
3. Apply a chocolate brown shadow in the outside corners of your crease to give definition.
4. Blend a lighter champagne eyeshadow in the middle of the lid and under the brow for more dimension.
5. Apply eyeliner using a black liquid liner like The Body Shop Liquid Eyeliner.
6. Use a volumizing mascara like The Body Shop Big & Curvy Mascara for soft, natural-looking lashes.
7. Sweep a soft pink blush with shimmer to the apples of your cheeks. Ashley used The Body Shop Shimmer Waves compact in Apricot.
8. Using a soft, small brush, apply highlighter down the nose, below the eyes and above the cheekbones. Ashley used The Body Shop Shimmer Bauble on Clare. Or use highlighting pen like The Body Shop Lightening Touch.
9. Apply your favorite pale pink lipstick and swipe a sheer lipgloss with a hint of sparkle to finish off the look. We’re currently loving The Body Shop Colour Crush Lipstick in Peachy Pink.
Would you wear this festive daytime makeup look? Tell us your thoughts in the comments below!