Here at MDC, we are always on the lookout for top-of-the-line beauty gurus to share advice on hair, makeup and skin care. Today, we are thrilled to have nail expert Kait Mosh share her unique ideas on how to keep your digits looking fun and fabulous.
Not everyone likes to go overboard with nail art, even on sparkly holidays like Fourth of July. I love this mani as I feel it’s the perfect balance of festive and understated (and super easy to create!). If you’re into simple style that can still stand out at any Fourth of July bash, this is the mani for you!
● Rubbing alcohol
● Essie Ridge-Filling Base Coat
● Lancôme Vernis in Love
● Essie Good To Go Top Coat
● Blue and red crystals
● nail glue
1. Start with clean, manicured nails. Wipe them with alcohol to eliminate any excess oil or dirt.
2. Apply a coat of ridge-filling base coat. This will help the polish go on smooth and prevent streaking. Allow two minutes to dry.
3. Paint two even coats of white polish on the nails.
4. Apply top coat.
5. Once the polish has dried, take red and blue crystals and glue them in an alternating pattern to create a half-moon outline on each nail. Let the glue dry for about three minutes, and then finish with one last top coat layer.
Do you plan on trying this festive mani? Let us know in the comments below!
Photography: Kait Mosh