Ever spotted a piece of clothing you just couldn’t get off your mind? Something about the colors, the print, the cut — something stole your heart. You buy jewelry and shoes to match, and then you keep your eyes peeled for items in similar colors or patterns because you just loved it that much. Lately, that’s how we’ve been feeling about two fun prints from Zara.Because it seems everything around us eventually becomes fodder for new makeup looks, we were thrilled to watch professional makeup artists Emma Willis of Contour Fossa and Elyse Reneau create two stunning beauty looks inspired by our favorite clothes of the season.
Yellow and Navy Print-Inspired Look
There’s no denying the combination of yellow and navy in this chic top with a high neck and loose fit seems perfect for a lovely spring day. It’s fresh and bright, without feeling overwhelming.
To emulate this sensibility in our beauty look, Willis used matte yellow and green eye shadows, with a navy accent.
- Apply matte yellow eye shadow in the corner of each eyelid.
- Use a matte green in the creases and over the lower part of the eyelid. Product Pick: Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow in Forest Green
- Layer a dark blue or navy shadow in the creases. Product Pick: L’Oréal Paris Infallible 24 HR Eye Shadow in Purple Priority
- Bring the navy shadow to the lower lashes, applying a thin, well-blended line to create a smoky effect. Add dark mascara to the lashes.
- Finish the look with a shimmery nude lip gloss. Product Pick: Urban Decay Naked Ultra Nourishing Lipgloss in Lovechild
Teal Jewel-Toned Print-Inspired Look
If there’s a way to make jewel tones work for spring or summer, it’s to put them against a stark white backdrop. This Zara dress pulls off that effect beautifully, with pops of teal, purple, chartreuse and orange.
To re-create this look at home:
- Use a blue eyeliner pencil to draw a half circle up to the crease. Fill it in and blend it out. Product Pick: Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Electric
- Pack blue shadow on top to add dimension and make the color vibrant. Product Pick: Lancôme Color Design 5 Pan Eyeshadow Palette in Midnight Rush
- Apply a touch of blush above the crease to add warmth. Product Pick: Nars Gilda
- Add teal eye shadow to the inner corners of the eye. Product Pick: Lancôme Color Design Sensational Effects Eye Shadow in Make it Work
- Apply a peachy lipstick shade to your lips, and finish with a lip gloss in a similar shade. Product Picks: The Body Shop Colour Crush Lipstick in 200, Urban Decay Naked Ultra Nourishing Lipgloss in Walk of Shame
What’s your favorite print to wear during spring? Let us know in the comments!
Photos: Joshua M Shelton Photography and Zara.com
Hair and Makeup: Emma Willis for Contour Fossa and Elyse Reneau
Models: Olivia Crane and Leilani Fideler