Get the Look: Nikki Reed’s Faux Bob
You don’t have to chop your locks to rock a shorter, tousled style. Just look at the ultra-feminine fake out that Twilight’s Nikki Reed wore to the MTV Movie Awards. All that’s needed are a few bobby pins, lots of volume, and voila—you’ll have a bouncy, face-framing look that enhances your facial features without making a major cutting commitment.
Here’s how to get the look in five quick, easy steps:
- Step 1: Prep wet hair with a volumizing product like John Frieda Luxurious Volume Thickening Mousse and blow dry.
- Step 2: Section strands horizontally, from the top of one ear to the top of the other ear, and clip top section out of the way.
- Step 3: Roll the bottom section from the ends to the scalp and pin down to secure.
- Step 4: Release the top section and curl 2 to 3-inch sections with a curling iron. Pin each curl to the scalp to set. Spray with a strong hold hairspray like Matrix Biolage Freeze Fix Hairspray.
- Step 5: Once cooled, take the curls down and gently rake your fingers through them so they look loose and soft. Arrange them any way you like and pin to the back, leaving some short layers to hang loosely in front.
Would you rock a faux bob?
Photo Credit: Jon Kopaloff/Contributor | FilmMagic | Getty Images