If there’s ever a time when more is more, it’s your wedding day. It’s the one day you can say yes to more sparkle, more decadence and more glamour without hesitation. In case you needed a little more encouragement to go all out, we spoke with Tatiana Byron, the founder and CEO of the leading bridal expo The Wedding Salon, and she assured us that the glam bride is one of the biggest trends in bridal beauty this year. So go ahead, fill a room with crystal chandeliers, drape yourself in diamonds and get all glammed up with dramatic eye makeup and a richly pigmented lip. LA-based makeup artist Emma Willis helped us do just that with this glamorous look, perfect for an elegant evening wedding.
1. Foundation. Prime the skin then create an even, flawless complexion with a medium-full coverage foundation.
2. Blush. Use a stippling brush to apply cream blush to the apples of the cheeks. Choose a warm shade, like the Maybelline Face Studio Master Glaze in Coral Sheen Willis used here.
3. Bronzer. Sweep matte bronzer across the cheekbones, forehead and jawline. Willis recommends you don’t stray too far from your natural skin tone. That’s why she picked The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder in Fair Matte.
4. Base Shadow. Apply a pale shimmery shadow all over the eyelid. Willis used Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Cream Shadow in Shore.
5. Crease Shadow. Using a dark brown shadow, like the one in the Yves Saint Laurent Pure Chromatics Eye Shadow Palette in Classy, start at the outer corners of eyes and blend up, gradually building the color into the crease.
6. Brown Eyeliner. Blend the dark brown shadow along the lower lash line. You can extend the line out and up for a more dramatic winged effect.
7. Black Eyeliner. Use an eyeliner brush to apply black eyeliner along the top and bottom lash lines. Willis likes the staying power of Make Up For Ever Aqua Creamliner, which she used to create this look.
8. Mascara. Curl your lashes and apply 2-3 generous coats of black mascara.
9. Lipstick. Complete the glamorous look with a rich red lipstick. For a day as long and hectic as your wedding day, choose a moisturizing formula, like this Lancôme L’Absolu Rouge in Red Amarante.
Are you a bride-to-be? Or do you just love all things wedding planning? Click here to see when the next Wedding Salon show will be near you.
Photos: Joshua M Shelton Photography
Makeup: Emma Willis for Contour Fossa
Model: Maria Speranza