Tuesday Tutorial: Holographic and Gray Manicure
Today’s manicure masterpiece combines two of the biggest trends in nail color right now, gray and holographic nail polish, in a fresh, new way. The more common ways to sport two colors simultaneously are with French tips or half moons, but we thought we’d take a different approach…geometry. As far as manicure math goes, we know this: geometric shapes + new, fall nail colors = need-to-have nails.
- Giorgio Armani Nail Lacquer in Kaleidoscope
- Gray Nail Polish
- Top Coat
- Paint your holographic base. Apply two coats of holographic nail polish. Allow nails to dry.
- Cut a triangle. Snip a triangle shape out of a piece of tape and place at the base your nail.
- Add the gray. Choosing a shade of gray was the most difficult part. We decided on Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Greige, but we also love essie Mind Your Mittens for this manicure.
- Remove the tape. Carefully lift the tape from the base of your nail.
- Top it off with top coat. Finish the look with a swipe of top coat for extra shine. We used essie Good to Go Top Coat.
Is holographic and gray a must-try color combo for you? Let us know below.