A New Twist on the Summertime Bun
A bun make so much sense in the warm weather. It’s easy to style and keeps hot hair off your neck. But you can fancy it up a bit by adding in some braids and a bow. Here is how to give the bun a pretty update.
- Step 1: Pull hair up into a sleek, high ponytail. Or, for a more carefree look, opt for a wispy, low ponytail.
- Step 2: Separate the tail of your pony into two. Take each section, braid it and secure it at the end with a clear elastic. You can find Goody Ouchless Mini Elastics at the drugstore.
- Step 3: Take one braid and wrap it around the base of the ponytail. Secure the end with a bobby pin.
- Step 4: Take the other braid, wrap it around the base of the ponytail and secure it at the end with a bobby pin.
- Step 5: To make sure the bun doesn’t wobble, insert a large U-pin through its middle. Finish with a light mist of hairspray like Garnier Fructis Style Full Control Anti-Humidity Hairspray.
- Step 6: Clip a small bow at the back of your bun. Placing it slightly off-center gives the look a fun and whimsical twist.
How do you style your summertime bun?
Braided bun as worn by Saoirse Ronan at the UK premiere of The Way Back. Photo: Mike Marsland/WireImage.