What do a last minute lunch meeting and an impromptu date have in common? They both require you to look pretty and polished...FAST. Achieve a universally flattering, versatile look when you're racing against the clock with this minute-by-minute breakdown from Charlotte Willer, Maybelline's Global Makeup Artist and fashion week staple.
Set-up: "Start by getting your foundation, powder, mascara, eyeshadow, blush and lipstick ready," Willer advises. "Set products out so they’re at an arm’s reach. You’d be surprised how much time is wasted looking for things in a bottomless makeup bag!"
- Minute 1: "Apply your foundation with your fingertips, the same way you would apply your moisturizer. Blend well. Next, use a big brush to dust powder over your face. This will set your makeup."
- Minute 2: "Use a deep shade of eyeshadow to contour the outer corners of your eyes. Blend it outward along the lash line with your fingers so the eyes look soft and elegant."
- Minute 3: "Apply mascara. Instead of finishing one eye completely—waiting for coats to dry in between—and then moving on to the second, go back and forth from one eye to the other until you’ve applied the necessary amount of product."
- Minute 4: "Apply blush to the apples of the cheeks. Apply a touch of lipstick directly from the bullet. Most lipsticks have a pointed tip which allows for precise application."
What's your beauty routine when you have just a few minutes to get ready?
- Minute 5: "Use the last minute to go over everything you’ve just done. Touch-up any imperfections and most importantly, make sure everything is blended."