Why a Bourgie Bath is Good for the Mind, Body & Soul
A wise man once said, “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it.” Okay, so this sage advice actually comes from “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off”, but nevermind that–we’re dropping pearls (of wisdom) here!
Engaging in quality me-time nourishes the mind, bodyand soul. So start taking some time to stop and smell the roses, but not just any roses – British Roses – because you’re worth it. What more can we say? You. Are. Enough.
With that, we challenge you to invest 30 minutes of your time by treating yourself to a fancy lady bath (10 minutes of prep time + 20 minutes of soak time). And then, we’d encourage you to make a weekly ritual out of the experience! Oh yes, and please put away all electronic devices before hopping into the tub, because … water.
Get Your Mind Right
Allow your mind to untangle itself from the day’s business by setting the scene for relaxation:
● Roll out a plush bath mat, and place it in front of your tub next to a pair of soft slippers.
● Stream your favorite (ad-free) Spotify station, and set the volume to an audible hum. Or if you’re into retro decor like us, place your go-to vinyl on the turntable. We recommend “Bill Withers’ Greatest Hits”.
Indulge all of your senses by curating the right mix of bath products:
● Epsom salt is the key to a proper bath. Don’t worry, our list gets a whole lot sexier down the line, but this salt is said to soothe sore muscles, alleviate aches and pains and generally detoxify the skin. And it can be found in the wellness section of your grocery store for less than $5! For another DIY remedy, consider making it a milk bath.
● As you draw the bath, drizzle an essential oil bubble bath under the running water to create a blanket of bubbles. Opt for a scent like lavender, which contains natural calming properties.
● Don’t forget to scrub-a-dub-dub using an exfoliating soap. This will prepare your skin to receive moisture and glow, baby.
● Place a jar of body butter next to your bath, and apply immediately after toweling off. This will drench your skin with hydration, leaving it petal-soft.
About the Author: Kate drives the day-to-day creation of content, aiming to inspire and inform Makeup.com readers by delivering the latest beauty tips, tricks and trends. As an employee of L’Oréal, Kate sources and tests the best beauty products from across the entire brand portfolio.