This post is brought to you by our friends at The Body Shop. Deep down we know that pale, porcelain skin is just as pretty as a sun-kissed glow, but cue summer and it is hard to stay away from those tempting sun rays. So the real question arises: How can we achieve the look without the potential for sun damage or worse? Ladies, allow us to introduce you to the faux glow using your trusted friend, bronzer.
If bronzer seems intimidating to you, it’s possible you’ve been watching too much “Jersey Shore” and not reading enough Makeup.com articles. With the help of makeup artist Jessica Scantlin for Contour Fossa, we’ll show you how to look like a naturally bronzed babe.
Get the Look
1. Apply a copper eye shadow across the eyelid, from the lash line to the top of the crease. Blend a darker brown shadow into the crease with an eye shadow blender brush.
Product Pick: The Body Shop Spring Bronze Shimmer Cubes – Palette 30
2. Using a dark brown eye shadow, line your upper and lower lash lines. Smoke out the liner a little with a smudger so the line blends seamlessly into the lid. Finish the eyes with a black mascara.
Product Pick: The Body Shop Carbon Eye Definer in Brown, The Body Shop Big & Curvy Waterproof Mascara
3. Convenient for you that the third step here is to follow the number 3, isn’t it? When applying bronzer, you want to use a bronzer brush to dust the number three on both sides of your face. Think of it similar to contouring, and apply bronzer to the areas on your face shadows naturally fall. Start at the top, sweep down near your temple, in right under your cheekbone and then back down on the outer end of your jawline.
Product Picks: The Body Shop’s Honey Bronze Brilliance Powder
4. Since you applied bronzer only toward the bottom of your cheekbone, add a rosy glow by dusting blush to the apples of the cheeks. Make sure you blend the blush and bronzer well so there aren’t any lines or inconsistency between the two.
Product Pick: The Body Shop Shimmer Waves in Blush
5. A shimmery dry oil works wonders for making sure your arms, neck and chest look like they’ve been kissed by the sun, too. Apply the bronzing oil using circular motions, and make sure it’s fully dry before making contact with clothing.
Product Pick: Honey Bronze Shimmering Dry Oil in Honey Gold
6. To complete the look, use a shimmery neutral lip gloss.
Product Pick: The Body Shop Honey Bronze Lip Nectar in Honey Beige
What are your favorite bronzing tips? Tell us your secrets in the comments!
Photos: Joshua M Shelton Photography
Hair and Makeup: Jessica Scantlin for Contour Fossa
Model: Caitlin Chapman