Here at MDC, we are always on the lookout for top-of-the-line beauty gurus to share advice on hair, makeup and skin care. Today, we are thrilled to have nail expert Kait Mosh share her unique ideas on how to get a fun and fruity summer mani!
Summer isn't over yet, and that means there’s still time to explore bright and sunny colors! We all love a great pink polish, and this mani takes the shade to juicy new levels. Check out this step-by-step tutorial for a watermelon mani!
● ORLY Bonder Rubberized Base Coat
● Essie polish in Cascade Cool, Going Incognito, Blanc and Vices Versa
● ORLY Instant Artist Jet Black
● Duri Cosmetics Brush’n Go
1. Start with clean, manicured nails. Wipe them with alcohol or acetone to clear them of any oil or dirt.
2. Apply base coat.
3. Paint on the soft pink polish as your base color.
4. Add a thick white french tip with the white polish.
5. Using a small nail art brush, paint a dark green french tip over half of the white strip.
6. Clean your nail art brush, take the light green polish and paint thin vertical stripes on top of the dark green tip.
7. Using the black polish, draw seeds on the pink portion of the nail in tiny little dashes.
8. Apply a quick-dry top coat.
Would you rock watermelon nails? Sound off in the comments below!