Iconic Beauty Halloween Pinterest Contest
THE MAKEUP.COM HALLOWEEN PINTEREST CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Eligibility to enter: The Makeup.com Halloween Pinterest Contest (the “Contest”) is open to legal residents of the U.S. (other than where prohibited by law) aged eighteen (18) or older and who are members in good standing of the Makeup.com website (www.makeup.com) and of Pinterest.com between Thursday, October 10, 2013 and Thursday, October 17, 2013. Employees, officers and directors of Everyday Health, Inc. (“Sponsor” or “Everyday Health”), and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, manufacturers or distributors of promotion materials, vendors, consultants, and independent contractors (and members of their immediate families living in the same household) are not eligible to enter.
2. How to Enter: The Contest runs from Thursday, October 10, 2013 to Thursday, October 17, 2013. To enter the Contest you must do the following between 5 AM EST on Thursday, October 10, 2013 and 8 PM EST on Thursday, October 17, 2013:
1. Follow Makeup.com on Pinterest.com. If you are not yet a member of Pinterest.com, you must register for Pinterest.com in order to participate in the Contest.
3. Register on Makeup.com if you haven’t already.
4. Once your Pinterest board is complete, leave a comment on our Halloween Pinterest Contest post letting us know which of our 3 Halloween looks is your favorite along with a link to your Pinterest inspiration board.
On Friday, October 18, 2013 the Makeup.com editorial team will select one winner for each of our Halloween looks (3 Total) who have both followed the rules above.
Winners will be selected based on the following judging criteria:
1. Creativity (50%)
2. Thematic Adherence (30%)
3. General sense of the Makeup.com Aesthetic (10%)
4. Completeness (10%)
Limit one (1) Entry per person/per email address. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any Entry that does not comply with these Official Rules, or is inappropriate for any reason, including without limitation, for depicting or mentioning sex, violence, drugs, alcohol and/or inappropriate language. All entries must comply with the Pinterest Terms and Conditions found here: http://about.pinterest.com/terms/. Pinterest is neither a sponsor of nor a participant in the Contest.
3. Content Restrictions:
- The Entry must not in any way disparage L’Oreal, Everyday Health or any other person or party affiliated with the promotion and administration of this Contest;
- The Entry must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- The Entry must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
- The Entry must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations of the United States or of any jurisdiction where the Entry is created.
- The Entry must be consistent with the image and values of Everyday Health and be consistent with and satisfy the purpose of the Contest.
All entry submissions (referred to herein as the “Submissions”) must be received no later than the times/dates listed above. Limit one Entry per person. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, technically corrupted, or misdirected entries. Proof of entry will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. All entrants must have a valid e-mail address and Pinterest account. Any other attempted form of entry is prohibited; no automatic, programmed, robotic, or similar means of entry are permitted. Sponsor, its affiliates, partners, and promotion and advertising agencies are not responsible for: technical, hardware, software, telephone, or other communications malfunctions, errors, or failures of any kind; lost or unavailable network connections; Web site, Internet, or ISP availability; unauthorized human intervention; traffic congestion; incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause); or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled, or delayed computer transmissions that may limit one’s ability to enter or compete in the Contest, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in the Contest or downloading any materials in the Contest.
4. Entries: By entering, all entrants agree to abide by these rules. Final decisions by Sponsor are binding.
5. Judging: On or about October 21, 2013, 3 winners (one per look) will be selected from all eligible Entries received. To be eligible for Contest prizes, entrants must be following makeup.com on Pinterest, create a Pinterest Hair and Makeup inspiration board based on one of our three Halloween looks, be a registered member on Makeup.com, leave a comment on our Pinterest Halloween Contest post letting us know which of the three Halloween looks is your favorite and include a link to your Pinterest entry board within the times/dates listed above. The decisions of the Makeup.com editorial team with respect to the selection of the winners, and in regard to all matters relating to this Contest, shall be final and binding in all respects. Winners will be notified by e-mail on or about Monday, October 21, 2013. If any winner cannot be contacted within ten (10) calendar days of first notification attempt, if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if any winner rejects his/her prize or in the event of noncompliance with these Contest rules and requirements, such prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected based on the stated judging criteria. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
6. Prizes: (1) 1920’s Flapper Beauty Prize: One winner will receive one (1) YSL Pure Chromatics Wet and Dry Eye Shadow Palette (Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $55); one (1) YSL Terre Saharienne Bronzing Powder (Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $50); one (1) YSL La Laque Couture (Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $25); one (1) YSL Rouge Pur Couture (Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $34); one (1) YSL Blush Radiance (Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $45); one (1) YSL Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils (Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $30);. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $239.
(1) 1950’s Old Hollywood Glamour Prize: One winner will receive one (1) Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in F-Bomb (Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $22); one (1) Urban Decay Shattered Face Case (Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $44); one (1) Urban Decay Brow Box (Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $29); one (1) Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder (Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $32); one (1) Urban Decay 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner in Perversion (Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $19); one (1) Urban Decay Complexion Primer Potion (Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $31); one (1) Urban Decay Mascara (Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $20); one (1) Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Yeyo(Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $19); one (1) Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Lip Pencil in 69 (Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $19); Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $235.
(1) 1960’s Mod Beauty Prize: One winner will receive one (1) Lancome Blush Subtil (Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $30); one (1) Lancome Color Design Eye Brightening All-In-One 5 Shadow & Liner Palette (Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $49); one (1) Lancome Star Bronzer. (Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $35); one (1) Lancome Color Design Sensational Effects Lipcolor (Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $22); one (1) Lancome Artliner 24H (Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $30); one (1) Lancome Hynose Drama Instant Full Body Volume Mascara (Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $27); one (1) Lancome Gloss in Love (Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $27); one (1) Le Lipstique Lip Coloring Stick with Brush (Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): 25$); Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $245.
7. General: No cash substitution, transfers, or assignments of prizes allowed. In event of unavailability, Sponsor may substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Winners must sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity/testimonial release within fifteen (15) days of prize notification attempt, or an alternate winner may be selected based on the stated judging criteria. In the event any winner is considered a minor in his/ her jurisdiction, such winner’s parent/legal guardian will be required to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity/testimonial release within the required time period. Limit one prize per person, household, or family. By accepting prize, each winner grants to Sponsor the right to use his/her Entry Materials, including (without limitation) name, likeness, hometown, and biographical information, for any lawful purposes whatsoever, including (but not limited to) advertising and/or promotion, in all media now known or hereafter developed, including (but not limited to) the Internet, without further compensation or permission, except where prohibited by law. All expenses, including taxes, on receipt and use of prizes, are the sole responsibility of the winners. By participating, entrants, winners and travel companions agree to release and hold harmless Pinterest, Inc., Sponsor, its respective advertising and promotion agencies, and its respective parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any and all liability for: loss, harm, damage, injury, cost, or expense whatsoever, including (without limitation) property damage, personal injury, and/or death that may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in the Contest; possession, acceptance, and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Contest-related activity; or claims based on publicity rights, defamation, false light, copyright infringement, trademark infringement, invasion of privacy, or merchandise delivery. Sponsor is not responsible if any prize cannot be awarded due to member cancellations, delays, or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, or terrorist acts. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules or attempt to interfere with the Contest in any way shall be disqualified.
8. Additional Terms: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend, or suspend the Contest should (in its sole discretion) computer virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, tampering, technical failures of any sort, or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Judges may select the winners from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or Contest Web site. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Winners’ List: For a list of prize winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “Makeup.com Halloween Pinterest Contest” Winners’ List, c/o Makeup.com editors, Everyday Health Media, LLC, c/o Makeup.com Giveaway, 345 Hudson Street, 16th floor, New York, New York, 10014.
Sponsored by L’Oréal USA, Inc. 575 5th Avenue, New York, NY 10017 and administered by Everyday Health Media, LLC, c/o Makeup.com Giveaway, 345 Hudson Street, 16th floor, New York, New York, 10014.