10 Instagram Handles You NEED to Follow for New York Fashion Week
From early morning (5 a.m.) backstage call times to early morning (3 a.m.) after parties, New York Fashion Week is a whirlwind of 24/7 action. Team MDC will be behind the scenes with the (smartphone) lens to report on the newest beauty trends to hit the runway, but even the most devout editor can’t capture it all! So with Fashion Week officially upon us (and a full night’s sleep officially behind us), we’ve compiled our hotlist of 10 Instagram handles (besides ours of course) to follow, from beauty brands to street style seekers. Don’t miss out on even a minute of the fashion fun – double tapping encouraged!
- @maybelline: As an official sponsor of Mercedes Benz Fashion Week, this beauty brand will be everywhere: backstage, front row, in the tents, and on the streets. Follow along for your one stop shop for all things makeup.
- @essiepolish: This nail polish brand is a hit with…well, everyone, so it’s no surprise that it’s also a favorite of the fashion set. Follow the team backstage as they create next season’s most swoonworthy manicures.
- @modaoperandi: Ordering clothes right off the runway is the name of the game over at this fashion startup. Needless to say, their editors and buyers will be everywhere, showcasing the best pieces for spring. Even if you’re not buying, their guaranteed-gorgeous stream is sure to satisfy your inner shopaholic.
- @mbfashionweek: The obvious choice, this official Instagram handle will give you exclusive access to everything Fashion Week.
- @evachen212: As the new editor-in-chief of Lucky, this former beauty editor, social media maven, and all around cool girl is guaranteed to be front row at all the hot shows. If you’re not already a fan, make sure to add her to your list and get ready to walk (cab) many miles in her stylish shoes.
- @redken5thave: Hair trendsetting and Redken are practically synonymous during Fashion Week. Follow along to see what genius creations industry star Guido Palau is cooking up for next season.
- @miraduma: As one of the fashion industry’s favorite it-girls, digital editor Miroslava Duma will definitely be at all the cool places. We love living vicariously through her and are hoping for more than a few selfies.
- @kerastaseusa: With a show list including The Row, Jason Wu, and Zac Posen, Kerastase’s Instagram feed promises to be equal parts high fashion and hair artistry. Follow to get your daily dose of fantasy.
- @BFA_NYC: Sometimes the after parties can be even more interesting than the pre-show. Fashion’s favorite photographer Billy Farrell and his crew will definitely be working the late shift this week.
- @candicelake: It’s actually debatable where the real fashion action is—on the runways or on the sidewalk? We love this Australian photographer’s chic take on street style.
Are you ready for New York Fashion Week? Let us know any more ‘gramming faves on your list!
Photos: Courtesy of Maybelline Instagram, Essie Instagram, and Redken Instagram