Manicure Monday: Leather and Lace Nails
Some things just go together… peanut butter and jelly, salt and pepper, leather and lace. OK maybe that last one seems like a bit of a stretch, but stay with us here. We happen to see lace and leather as the perfect marriage of toughness and femininity. And it just so happens that the combo was spotted all over the fall runways–which is great, but we’re here to talk nails. So, in a moment of beauty inspiration we raided our crafting supplies and our stash of textured nail polish to bring you this majorly fashionable mani.
- Maybelline Color Show Nail Lacquer Vintage Leather Collection (we used the color Vintage Violet)
- Lace ribbon or fabric
- Paint a base color.
- Cut a section of lace to fit your nail. Cut all your pieces before moving on to the next step.
- Paint a second coat of nail polish.
- While the nail is still wet, place the lace on top of the nail and gently press down.
- Repeat on each nail and allow your leather and lace manicure to dry.
Manicure poll: Do you DIY or go pro for your manis? Sound off in the comments below!