Whether you are saying "I do" or wrapping up your last dance, you don't want to be thinking about how your makeup is holding up on your big day. But how do you create a natural look that stays beautiful from the beginning to end of your wedding? Here are bride-tested techniques for a flawless face.
- Prep with a foundation primer to provide a smooth surface that allows for foundation to glide on evenly. This will also keep your skin from absorbing makeup.
- Apply an oil-free foundation (unless your skin looks dry). As most weddings take place in warmer months, a foundation that is too hydrating will come off much faster.
- Apply a sheer, translucent powder to set foundation. (If using a cream blush, apply before powder.)
- Prep with an eye primer and then apply flesh tone eyeshadow from lash line to brow. This will prevent creasing and allow for more pigmented shadows to glide on evenly.
- Line eyes with a waterproof gel liner. When lining lower lash line, gently smudge the liner into lash line, and blend with a clean eyeliner brush.
- Apply waterproof mascara. If you tear up, just blot with a tissue—wiping will cause even waterproof products to smudge.
- Use lip pencil as a primer. To add dimension, use a pigmented shade, and for an invisible primer, opt for nude. Fill in the entire lip, then top with your favorite lip color or gloss.
Do you have any tips for long-lasting beauty on your big day?
- To keep your look fresh, all you need is lip color and pressed powder. Touch up your T-zone and any other shiny areas (especially before photos) and apply lip color as needed. After eating or drinking, it is a good idea to use the pressed powder on your nose and lip area to soak up any oils before reapplying lip color.