Makeup.com ‘Be Our Valentine” Pinterest Sweepstakes Rules
THE MAKEUP.COM ‘BE OUR VALENTINE’ PINTEREST SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES (THE ‘RULES’)
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Eligibility to enter: The Makeup.com ‘Be Our Valentine’ Pinterest Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the U.S. (other than where prohibited by law) aged eighteen (18) or older and who are members in good standing of the Makeup.com website (www.makeup.com) and of Pinterest.com between Wednesday, February 5, 2014 and Wednesday, February 12, 2014. Employees, officers and directors of Everyday Health, Inc. (“Sponsor” or “Everyday Health”), and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, manufacturers or distributors of promotion materials, vendors, consultants, and independent contractors (and members of their immediate families living in the same household) are not eligible to enter.
2. How to Enter: The Sweepstakes runs from Wednesday, February 5, 2014 through Wednesday, February 12, 2014. To enter the Sweepstakes you must do the following between 5 AM EST on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 and 8 PM EST on Wednesday, February 12, 2014:
1. Follow Makeup.com on Pinterest.com [http://www.pinterest.com/makeupdotcom/]. If you are not yet a member of Pinterest.com, you must register for Pinterest.com in order to participate in the Sweepstakes.
2. Create a Pinterest Hair and Makeup Inspiration board based on one of our Valentine’s Day beauty looks: “Sweet Pink” or “Violet Vixen.”
3. Register on Makeup.com if you haven’t already.
4. Once your Pinterest board is complete, leave a comment on our ‘Be Our Valentine’ Pinterest Sweepstakes post letting us know which of our 3 Valentine’s Day looks is your favorite along with a link to your Pinterest inspiration board.
On Friday, February 14, one (1) winner will be selected at random from all eligible entries.
Limit one (1) Entry per person/per email address. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any Entry that does not comply with these Official Rules, or is inappropriate for any reason, including without limitation, for depicting or mentioning sex, violence, drugs, alcohol and/or inappropriate language. All entries must comply with the Pinterest Terms and Conditions found here: http://about.pinterest.com/terms/ and must be relevant to the Valentine’s Day beauty looks, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Pinterest, Inc. is neither a sponsor of nor a participant in the Sweepstakes.
3. Content Restrictions:
• The Entry must not in any way disparage L’Oreal, Everyday Health or any other person or party affiliated with the promotion and administration of this Sweepstakes;
• The Entry must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
• The Entry must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
• The Entry must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations of the United States or of any jurisdiction where the Entry is created.
• The Entry must be consistent with the image and values of Everyday Health Media, LLC and Pinterest, Inc. and be consistent with and satisfy the purpose of the Sweepstakes.
All entry submissions (referred to herein as the “Submissions”) must be received no later than the times/dates listed above. Limit one (1) Entry per person. Sponsor and Pinterest, Inc. assumes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, technically corrupted, or misdirected entries. Proof of entry will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. All entrants must have a valid e-mail address and Pinterest account. Any other attempted form of entry is prohibited; no automatic, programmed, robotic, or similar means of entry are permitted. Sponsor, its affiliates, partners, and promotion and advertising agencies are not responsible for: technical, hardware, software, telephone, or other communications malfunctions, errors, or failures of any kind; lost or unavailable network connections; Web site, Internet, or ISP availability; unauthorized human intervention; traffic congestion; incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause); or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled, or delayed computer transmissions that may limit one’s ability to enter or compete in the Sweepstakes, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in the Sweepstakes or downloading any materials in the Sweepstakes.
4. Entries: By entering, all entrants agree to abide by these rules. Final decisions by Sponsor are binding.
5. Judging: On or about Friday, February 14, two (2) winners (one (1) per each look) will be randomly selected from all eligible Entries received. To be eligible for Sweepstakes prizes, entrants must be following makeup.com on Pinterest, create a Pinterest Hair and Makeup inspiration board based on one of our two (2) Valentine’s Day looks (Sweet Pink” or “Violet Vixen”), be a registered member on Makeup.com, leave a comment on our Pinterest Valentine’s Day Sweepstakes post letting us know which of the two (2) Valentine’s Day looks is your favorite and include a link to your Pinterest entry board within the times/dates listed above. The decisions of the Makeup.com editorial team with respect to the selection of the winners, and in regard to all matters relating to this Sweepstakes, shall be final and binding in all respects. Winners will be notified by e-mail on or about Friday, February 14, 2014. If any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if any winner rejects his/her prize or in the event of noncompliance with these Sweepstakes rules and requirements, such prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected based on the stated judging criteria. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
6. Prizes: Two (2) grand-prize winners will receive: One (1) Clarisonic Aria – Hot Pink (Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $199); One (1) em Michelle Phan Shade Play Lip Color Mixing Palette – Mix it Up Reds (ARV: $28), Mix it Up Pinks (ARV: $28), Mix it Up Plums (ARV: $28); One (1) Ralph Lauren Romance Gift Set – Fragrance, Body Moisturizer, Body Mist, Roller (ARV: $146); Seventeen (17) Essie Nail Polishes – Watermelon (ARV: $8.50), Bachelorette Bash (ARV: $8.50), Bahama Mama (ARV: $8.50), Lilacism (ARV: $8.50), Cute as a Button (ARV: $8.50), Splash of Grenadine (ARV: $8.50), Berry Naughty ($8.50), Play Date (ARV: $8.50), Fifth Avenue (ARV: $8.50), A List (ARV: $8.50), Lady Like (ARV: $8.50), Muchi Muchi ($8.50), Sugar Daddy (ARV: $8.50), Lollipop (ARV: $8.50), Really Red (ARV: $8.50), Peach Daiquiri (ARV: $8.50), Fishnet Stockings (ARV: $8.50); One (1) L’Oréal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Mascara (ARV: $8.99); One (1) L’Oréal Paris the Blackbuster by Infallible (ARV: $8.99); One (1) L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Eye Shadow – Perfume ID/525 (ARV: $7.95); One (1) Neon Skirt/313 (ARV: $7.95); One (1) Blue Haute Coutur/211 (ARV: $7.95). Total ARV of all prizes: $1230.66
7. General: No cash substitution, transfers, or assignments of prizes allowed. In event of unavailability, Sponsor may substitute a prize of equal or greater value. At Sponsor’s discretion, Winners may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity/testimonial release within fifteen (15) days of prize notification attempt, or an alternate winner may be selected based on the stated judging criteria. In the event any winner is considered a minor in his/ her jurisdiction, such winner’s parent/legal guardian will be required to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity/testimonial release within the required time period. Limit one prize per person, household, or family. By accepting prize, each winner grants to Sponsor the right to use his/her Entry Materials, including (without limitation) name, likeness, hometown, and biographical information, for any lawful purposes whatsoever, including (but not limited to) advertising and/or promotion, in all media now known or hereafter developed, including (but not limited to) the Internet, without further compensation or permission, except where prohibited by law. All expenses, including taxes, on receipt and use of prizes, are the sole responsibility of the winners. By participating, entrants, winners and travel companions agree to release and hold harmless Pinterest, Inc., Sponsor, its respective advertising and promotion agencies, and its respective parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any and all liability for: loss, harm, damage, injury, cost, or expense whatsoever, including (without limitation) property damage, personal injury, and/or death that may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in the Sweepstakes; possession, acceptance, and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity; or claims based on publicity rights, defamation, false light, copyright infringement, trademark infringement, invasion of privacy, or merchandise delivery. Sponsor is not responsible if any prize cannot be awarded due to member cancellations, delays, or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, or terrorist acts. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules or attempt to interfere with the Sweepstakes in any way shall be disqualified.
8. Additional Terms: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend, or suspend the Sweepstakes should (in its sole discretion) computer virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, tampering, technical failures of any sort, or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, Judges may select the winners from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or Sweepstakes Web site. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Winners’ List: For a list of prize winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “Makeup.com ‘Be Our Valentine’ Pinterest Sweepstakes” Winners’ List, c/o Makeup.com editors, Everyday Health Media, LLC, 345 Hudson Street, 16th floor, New York, New York, 10014.
Sponsored by L’Oréal USA, Inc. 575 5th Avenue, New York, NY 10017 and administered by Everyday Health Media, LLC, 345 Hudson Street, 16th floor, New York, New York, 10014.