What’s in Masayo’s Makeup Bag?
Do you ever wish you could approach a stylish woman on the street and ask what essentials she carries in her makeup bag? Well, we’re checking in for you.
Name: Masayo Sekiya
Location: New York
Where she’s from: California
Occupation: Salesperson at Tod’s
What are her holiday plans: ”I’m going to the South, to North Carolina, to visit my boyfriend’s family. It’s the first time I’m meeting his dad’s side of the family. We are also attending a wedding. It will be busy.”
What she’s reading now: “Haruki Murakami’s IQ84. I’ve read all of his books. My favorite is Dance Dance Dance. The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle is really good, too. I also started reading his memoir, but I only got a few pages in. I love that everything is really dreamlike in his books.”
Who is her beauty icon: “I love people from the ’60s and ’70s, like Jane Birkin.”
What she’s wearing: “Tod’s boots, a Tod’s bag and a Madewell sweater. I got the hat from a pop-up shop in the East Village. I bought three from the guy who makes them.”
What’s in her makeup bag:
- L’Oréal Paris Telescopic Original Mascara: “It lengthens without being chunky. I can’t really wear eye shadow because it always looks funny. This mascara always adds the pop.”
- Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Blissful: “I wear this almost every day. It has a nice punchy color that looks natural and dewy over my tinted moisturizer.”
- Shu Uemura Rouge Unlimited: “I love these lipsticks, but they’re really hard to find now because they don’t have a store anymore and are only available online. They have the best lipsticks because they have matte, pigmented colors that dont make your lips peel.”
- Bare Escentuals Buxom Big & Healthy Lip Polish in Amber: “I mix lipstick with this gloss, which a friend got me.”
- Blistex DCT Daily Conditioning Treatment for Lips: “I keep it everywhere…in my purse, on my nightstand and in my pocket. It’s the cure-all for the worst winter-chapped lips since it instantly calms and moisturizes. It’s the one piece of makeup I’ve been loyal to since I was 13.”
Thanks, Masayo. Look out for new makeup bag disclosures every week!
Photos: Ben Pier for Makeup.com