Product Thief: What to Swipe From the Men in Your Life
Being the product junkies that we are, we leave no cosmetic unopened. While we still maintain (as ladies) that we have superior grooming goods, sometimes we have trouble sticking to our side of the bathroom counter. When we do venture into male territory, occasionally we find some diamonds in the scruff. Here are our favorite made-for-men, stolen-by-women product obsessions.
You already know shopping in the men’s section can do wonders for your wardrobe, but did you know it can be great for your entire body…
- Tend Skin Liquid Refillable Roll On: Although originally designed to treat razor bumps on men’s necks and faces, we steal it and use it on legs, underarms and bikini lines to remove and prevent ingrown hairs. It’s a post-waxing (or tweezing, or shaving) wonder!
- The Body Shop Kistna Hair & Body Wash: If you find your man scrubbing down with this refreshing wash, you can bet the bottle won’t stay on his side of the shower for long. We may not be ready to let anything other than Pureology touch our tresses, but we love it as an invigorating body gel that also soothes our skin with chamomile essential oil.
- Jack Black Industrial Strength Hand Healer: Why should men be the only ones who get to enjoy the healing powers of this remarkably rich, yet non-greasy, vitamin-enriched hand cream? Intense moisturizers soothe dry skin and smooth rough cuticles. We won’t speak for the guys, but the eucalyptus scent sends us into total spa-like tranquility.
Every now and then we get a whiff of something that makes us want to ditch our sweet, girly scents…
- Polo Ralph Lauren Blue Sport: The aromatic scent is just the vibrant summer fragrance that we hope to find on the men in our life. Top notes of frosted mint, mandarin, and crunchy apple offset the base notes of sandalwood, patchouli and musk, to create a seriously steal-worthy fragrance.
- Acqua Di Parma Colonia Essenza: The fresh notes of Italian citrus and unique floral combinations in this timeless scent paired with soft white moss and amber have us rethinking our traditional perfume choices.
- Armani Code Men Summer: Armani Code for Women has captivated our senses for years. To switch things up we’ve swapped our eau de parfum for this eau fraiche. The men’s version is just as alluring on us as it is on him.
If men’s skincare is synonymous with dryness and irritation in your mind, let these creams and cleansers set you straight…
- Kiehl’s Facial Fuel “Heavy Lifting” Anti-Aging Moisturizer: A cream this rich is enough to send any woman who is serious about her skincare straight to her man’s medicine cabinet. Lift, firm, tighten, and moisturize with a product specifically designed to penetrate skin deeply.
- Baxter of California Vitamin E-D-A Cleansing Bar in Italian Lime and Pomegranate: We hate to admit it, but sometimes the guys get it right. When it comes to cleansing, nothing beats the simplicity and the deep clean of a good, old-fashioned bar. This one is mild enough to wash away dirt and debris without stripping the skin of moisture.
- Urth Face Scrub: You may think a scrub for men is going to be too gritty for your delicate dermis, but it is possible to expel impurities gently thanks to the micro-fine rice granules and wheat germ that slough away dead skin. Swipe this jar from your man before his skin tone and texture surpasses yours.
What products do you snag from the men in your life? Share them below (we promise we won’t tell).