In honor of this season’s freshest blooms we’ve decided to put together a color block manicure tutorial to get you inspired to go bold and be bright this spring! Follow the steps listed below and get ready to show off your killer new manicure…
- 3 contrasting nail polish colors
- top coat + base coat
Are you going to give this manicure a try? If you do, snap a photo on Instagram and add the hashtag #MDCmani for a chance to be featured on the Makeup.com Facebook page!
- Prep nails by applying a base coat.
- Apply a base color and allow it to dry completely. We used essie go ginza.
- Pick accent color. We used Orange Extreme from the Maybelline Limited Edition ColorShow Nail Lacquer collection.
- Place the tape and paint. Using a small piece of tape, create a diagonal line that bisects the nail bed leaving only a sliver of the original coat of polish exposed (as pictured above). Using your accent color, paint the exposed area of the nail.
- Remove tape. Right after you apply the accent color, carefully (and slowly) remove the tape pieces and repeat the steps listed above until each nail has a side-slash of your accent color. (P.S. You can use this tape technique to create another one of our favorite manicures, The Mixed Media Mani.)
- Allow nails to dry completely. Before you can complete the manicure you must wait for your nails to dry all the way.
- Tape and repeat. Follow steps 3 through 5 with your secondary accent color. For the secondary accent shade we used Mesmerizing Magenta (another great shade from the Maybelline Limited Edition ColorShow Nail Lacquer collection).
- Finish off with a top coat. We used our go-to, essie no chips ahead top coat.
Looking for more makeup how-tos? Check out our 5 favorite must-see makeup tutorials!