On the Run: 5 Beauty Tricks to Help You Get Out the Door in 10 Minutes or Less!
We’ve all had those mornings when we’ve hit the snooze button a few too many times. In that moment you’ve got three options: you can crawl back under the covers and admit defeat, go in to full blown panic mode or you can take these tips and get out the door quicker than you ever thought possible. Trust us, all it takes is 10 minutes or less.
- Make some swaps. There’s a little known beauty secret out there: you don’t have to wash your face every morning. Scrubbing clean at night (and removing makeup) is a must. But while you sleep it stays pretty clean. Save time in your beauty routine by simply splashing your face with water or spritzing your skin with toner. Eliminate another skincare step by swapping your foundation brush for fingertips, and apply a tinted moisturizer or BB cream. Try L’Oréal Youth Code BB Cream Illuminator or Benefit Cosmetics You Rebel.
- Go bold. When you’re not applying a full face of foundation, there’s an easy beauty trick that will make you feel less naked and look more put together. Make a bold lip the focus of your look. Try a brilliant red like Giorgio Armani Rouge D’Armani Lipstick in 401 or a bright berry like Bite Beauty Matte Crème Lipstick in Pastille Lilac, and your pretty pout will distract from your lack perfectly applied liquid eyeliner.
- Multitask with makeup. Cream blush is a makeup multitasking miracle. Use it on cheeks for an instant flush. And add just a dab to the eyelid to bring a little life to the eyes. Or skip the blush, and make it a one-product-makeover by using your lipstick to add color to your cheeks. Forget eyeliner, but fake the look of lined eyes with a thick layer of dark mascara right at the lash line. Hold a business card or credit card just above your upper lashes and move the mascara wand back and forth at the root. And voilà; eyeliner and mascara in one simple step! Use a volumizing mascara like Maybelline Volum’ Express The Colossal Cat Eyes or Lorac Multiplex 3D Lashes Thickening Mascara.
- Style selectively. Washing your hair is probably the biggest time commitment in your beauty routine. Rather than washing it all, wash or rinse just the hairline around your face (and bangs, if you’ve got them). This little trick with save you precious time with the blow dryer. And when all else fails, a chic top knot, sleek ponytail or effortless braid will solve all your styling dilemmas in a snap.
- Dry on the fly. Got a manicure that just won’t dry? Dip your fingertips in ice cold water for a minute or two (or as long as you can stand it) to harden the polish and speed up drying time. Or if you don’t mind slightly greasy fingertips, spray Pam cooking oil on a wet manicure and dash out the door without fear of smudges.
Do you have any timesaving beauty tricks? Share them below or tweet us your tips @makeupdotcom!