Nail Files: Polka Dot Manicure Tutorial
Spring has sprung and with it comes an array of new nail polish colors making now the ultimate time to spring-ify your manicure (especially for those of you who will be celebrating Easter this weekend). Today we’ve put together one of our favorite nail tutorials to date featuring two of our favorite shades from the essie spring collection: go ginza (light lavender) and avenue maintain (robin egg blue). The best part about this DIY mani is all you need is two polish colors and a bobby pin!
- 1 bobby pin
- light nail polish
- dark nail polish
- Paint nails with two coats of your base color. We used essie go ginza, although bond with whomever would look cute too!
- While nails dry, place a few drops of your secondary color onto a piece of paper. For the accent shade, we used essie avenue maintain.
- Unbend your bobby pin and dip the larger ballpoint end into the secondary color.
- Carefully dot each nail, dipping the bobby pin into the secondary color in between each dot. You can apply more or less pressure to create larger or smaller dots.
- Finish off with a top coat. We like essie no chips ahead top coat.
And there you have it! Bet you didn’t think hair pins and nail art could get along so nicely…
Are you going to give this manicure a try? If you do, snap a photo on Instagram and add the hashtag #MDCmani for a chance to be featured on the Makeup.com Facebook page!