There are few guarantees in life, but getting older is definitely one of them. We fully support aging gracefully, but also understand the changes that occur, particularly with our skin. As we age, our skin loses its natural luster, becomes drier and fine lines appear. Makeup and proper skin care can be incredible assets in combating and hiding these tell-tale signs, but it's important to apply properly or it can easily age you even more. We’ve got some simple solutions to help you do things right. Try these tips and you’ll be looking younger in a matter of minutes.
1. Prime Good skin care is crucial in keeping your mug youthful and vibrant. Whether you're 25 or 85, taking care of your skin is the simplest short- and long-term solution to combat and prevent signs of aging. Use a facial primer with SPF, like La Roche-Posay Anthelios 50 Daily Anti-Aging Primer with Sunscreen, which fills in fine lines and helps prevent further skincare damage. And don't forget to apply to your neck and ears!
2. Balance Now that your skin is primed, apply a lightweight, moisturizing foundation. Opt for an illuminating formula like Lancôme' Rénergie Éclat Multi-Lift, which evens out skin tone, reduces the appearance of fine lines and gives your skin a healthy and subtle glow. Use your fingers to help melt the product into your skin, creating a more natural finish. The result? Dewy, radiant skin.
3. Conceal and highlight If you need some extra concealing of spots, dark circles or other imperfections, use a lightweight, light-reflecting concealer/highlighter combo, like YSL's Touche Éclat. Simply swipe under your eyes, or anywhere you need to add brightness, and blend in. When seeking glow-enhancing products, avoid anything too frosty or glittery, which can draw attention to wrinkles, lines and other problem areas.
4. Add color One of the best ways to look younger is also the fastest: Dab some blush on your cheeks. As we get older, our skin can become more sallow and our cheeks can lose the rosy glow of our youth. Look for a cream or mousse formula, like L'Oréal's Magic Smooth Soufflé Blush, which blends in effortlessly and provides a natural flush.
5. Lift Want an instant facelift without surgery? Simply apply eyeliner with a slight wing on your upper lash line. Liquid liner can appear harsh and aging, so instead opt for a pencil or powder formula, like Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil. This long-wearing liner won't settle into fine lines or smudge throughout the day. Apply mascara to the top lashes only to add to the lifted effect. Choose brown versions of each, rather than black, for a softer, more natural look.
What are your favorite anti-aging tricks? Let us know in the comments!