Weekendspiration: 4 Low Key Hairstyles That’ll Take You 4 Minutes or Less
Weekends are a time to experiment with your look and break out of the typical weekday monotony. However, the last thing we want to do on our precious Saturdays is spend time battling it out with our hair. Four styles, each four minutes or less—that we can handle.
3 Bun Updo
Our very own beauty all-star Elyse Reneau put down her makeup brushes to show us this 4-minute updo that’s easy as it is impressive.
Get the look:
- Section your hair into three low ponytails and secure each one with a rubber band.
- Fluff the hair to add a little texture so it’s not so flat to the head.
- Tease each of the three sections to give your buns a little volume.
- Softly twist each section into a bun–the messier the better.
- Secure the bun with a few bobby pins. Usually four to anchor all sides should do it. Finish with hairspray (we love Garnier Fructis Style Full Control Anti-Humidity Hairspray).
Yes, we’re all about cascading waves, but some nights all we want is a no-nonsense style that still brings the chic factor. To see how to whip this ‘do together; check out the video below from Redken.
Messy Fishtail Braid
Here at MDC, we believe a fishtail braid is worn best with a bit of muss and minimal fuss. Here’s how we create the perfectly imperfect fishtail braid.
Get the Look:
- Pull hair to one side and divide into two even sections.
- Grab a small piece of hair from the outside of one section and cross it over so falls into the middle of the divide in your hair. Repeat on the other side.
- Repeat step two, alternating sides, down the length of your hair.
- Secure with a hair tie at the ends.
- Pull on both sides of the braid and run your fingers up and down the braid, to give it a slightly disheveled look.
Before you dash out the door with last night’s curls tangled in a top knot, try this more polished approach. A little twist, a little knot, and done. Check out Garnier’s video below to see just how simple this style is.
What does your weekend hair routine look like? Share your go-to style below.
Photos: Courtesy of Garnier, Redken and Makeup.com