Judging from the more demure manicures that came down the Spring 2014 New York Fashion Week runways, nail art seems to be getting a bit of a make-under next season. The consensus at MDC HQ, however, is that we’re still all about experimenting with creative looks and bold designs on our digits. Here are 6 great reasons why we’re not putting down our dotting tools quite yet.
Do you still love nail art?
- Because our favorite manicure is getting its own reality TV show. –LifestyleMirror
- Because nail art is gaining some serious industry cred (even a pop-up salon at MoMA PS1) with the launch of this new gallery. –Beautylish
- Because it’s football season and now we can show off our home team pride with a “fanicure.” –LA Times
- Because we can’t stop staring at these girly rose nails. –xoVain
- Because even the more understated nail art trends for next spring are just as hypnotizing. –BeautyHigh
- Because a little bit of nail art can actually be an instant fix for a chipped manicure. –DailyMakeover