If you haven't gone to Pinterest for inspiration—whether you're looking for beauty looks, recipe ideas, or DIY projects—it's time to. I recently found this glitter French manicure on a beauty board, and it was a cinch to copy.
Here's how to make your fingertips sparkle, just like mine.
- Step 1: Clip and file nails to your liking, then push back cuticles with a rosewood stick. Tip: Soak hands prior to grooming cuticles to avoid tearing of the skin.
- Step 2: Apply a base coat.
- Step 4: Once the base color is completely dry, dab a glittery top coat on the tips of your nails. For a less uniform finish, choose a glitter that has various sized flecks of sparkle. Try: Deborah Lippman Nail Lacquer in Happy Birthday.
- Step 5: Let the first layer of glitter dry for a few minutes, then add a second coat. Tip: Turn the nail polish bottle upside down, and back upright, before swiping on the glitter. You'll get more flecks of glitter on the brush.
Are you on Pinterest? Check out Makeup.com's boards!
- Step 6: Add as many glitter coats as desired, and finish with a top coat.