She Nailed It: Glitter French Manicure
If you haven’t gone to Pinterest for inspiration—whether you’re looking for beauty looks, recipe ideas, or DIY projects—it’s time to. I recently found this glitter French manicure on a beauty board, and it was a cinch to copy.
Here’s how to make your fingertips sparkle, just like mine.
- Step 1: Clip and file nails to your liking, then push back cuticles with a rosewood stick. Tip: Soak hands prior to grooming cuticles to avoid tearing of the skin.
- Step 2: Apply a base coat.
- Step 3: Apply two coats of sheer pink polish like Essie Nail Polish in Ballet Slippers, which has hint of white to it.
- Step 4: Once the base color is completely dry, dab a glittery top coat on the tips of your nails. For a less uniform finish, choose a glitter that has various sized flecks of sparkle. Try: Deborah Lippman Nail Lacquer in Happy Birthday.
- Step 5: Let the first layer of glitter dry for a few minutes, then add a second coat. Tip: Turn the nail polish bottle upside down, and back upright, before swiping on the glitter. You’ll get more flecks of glitter on the brush.
- Step 6: Add as many glitter coats as desired, and finish with a top coat.
Are you on Pinterest? Check out Makeup.com’s boards!