She Nailed It: Polka Dot Manicure
September may be months away, but it’s never too soon to start getting inspiration from the fall catwalks. We think the spotted manicure that nail guru Deborah Lippmann created for Kate Spade’s most recent fashion show is definitely worth mimicking. Here’s how to do it at home.
- Step 1: File nails into a soft, oval shape.
- Step 2: Apply a base coat like Essie All in One Base.
- Step 3: Follow with two coats of shiny black nail polish like Deborah Lippmann Nail Lacquer in Fade to Black.
- Step 4: Let the black nail polish fully dry. This will prevent your dots from bleeding into the dark hue.
- Step 5: Using a nail-dotting tool or toothpick, dab multiple dots of light peach nail polish on top of the black lacquer. Try: Deborah Lippmann I’m Not Innocent.
- Step 6: Let the dots fully dry and apply a clear top coat like Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat.
Have you tried a polka dot manicure? Share tips and tricks below.
Image Credit: Photo by Eugene Gologursky/WireImage